Keith A. Bradley is a Botanist specializing in plant species and ecosystems of the Southeastern United States and Caribbean. He is Affiliate Faculty of the University of South Carolina, Department of Biological Sciences. He has been active in the regional conservation community for more than 20 years, working on a broad array of biological conservation research, land management, and planning issues. His work on recovery of endangered species and their habitats has led to two awards from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, including the Regional Leader in Recovery Award in 2008 and the Coastal Program Conservation Partnership Award in 2010. He is widely considered an expert on the flora of the southeast. Current research includes floristic studies in the Piedmont and Coastal Plain of South Carolina, graminoids of the Southeastern United States, and coastal restoration techniques. He also teaches plant identification classes throughout the southeast.
- Life jackets (if your child has a favorite, bring it along!)
- JLT will be serving hot beverages on cold days
- Bottled water
- Lap blankets available
SUGGESTED TO BRING
- Small cooler of whatever food or drinks you would like
- Rain jacket or windbreaker
- Sunglasses, hat, gloves, scarves, etc.
- Lap blanket
- Camera, binoculars
WHAT TO WEAR
- Comfortable shoes
- Water shoes in warm weather (flip flops are not water shoes)
- October - April: please dress in warm layers with heavy jackets in winter.
WHERE TO PARK